Recipe: Sardine Salad for Dogs & Cats
This recipe is perfect to serve as a healthy topper to any type of pet food.Sardines are a great source of essential fatty acids. Green beans are laden with vitamins and other nutrients that support cardiac and intestinal health, as well as strong bones.
- fresh green beans, lightly cooked &
- low sodium sardines* in water or oil
- melon (such as cantaloupe), finely diced
- plain cottage cheese
cayenne pepper (optional)
Gently combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Add the mixture to your pet’s food in portions appropriate for his or her size.
Canned salmon may be substituted for sardines in this recipe, if desired. Green beans are are laden with vitamins and other nutrients that support cardiac and intestinal health, as well as strong bones. They also offer wonderful, natural anti-inflammatory properties. I always recommend fresh, local produce where available but frozen green beans are fine as well.