Thanksgiving Turkey Dog Treats
Let's talk turkey—your dog will be thankful that you made these homemade treats.What are you thankful for? Having wonderful family and friends around you, a delicious bounty on your table and a loyal pooch sitting by your side. All of these things are reasons to celebrate Thanksgiving. But because you can't share any of your Thanksgiving turkey dinner with your dog, why not make him his own special turkey treat that he'll gobble down? Made with The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Turkey Recipe, mixed veggies, and pureed pumpkin, these treats feature all of the goodness that Thanksgiving is famous for.
- corn meal
- peas, corn, green bean and carrot medley
- pumpkin puree
- the honest kitchen's Grain Free Turkey Recipe
- vegetable broth
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a blender, mash the vegetables into a puree. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add buckwheat flour, cornmeal, dry food, and turmeric. Combine well.
- Add egg, pumpkin puree and blended vegetable to the dry mix. Mix until combined.
- Pour vegetable broth into the mixture until a firm dough is formed.
- Roll dough onto a floured surface, 1/4 inch thick. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and place on cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn off oven. Leave the treats in oven for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Remove cookies from oven and place on cooling racks for 2-3 hours.
- Place in airtight containers and store in refrigerator or freezer.
Feel free to substitute your dog's favorite vegetables in the medley mix. And you can use fresh veggies as well as frozen, the recipe won't be affected either way.