The Chicken Casserole Recipe for Dogs Worth Drooling Over
Nothing says comfort food like a delicious casserole, straight from the oven. A simple dish that’s easy to make, we decided to make a casserole that’s just for your dog. Our Chicken Casserole for Dogs will last for a few meals, depending on the size of your dog. This heat-and-eat supper includes apples, pumpkin puree, The Honest Kitchen’s Grain Free Chicken Recipe…and a whole lot of love! Give it a try and let us know what your dog thinks of it.
Chicken Casserole for Dogs: Recipe Overview
1 cup brown rice
½ cup carrots (diced)
2 chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
½ cup green peas
1 potato (cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 cup pumpkin puree
½ cup Grain Free Chicken Dehydrated Recipe
¼ cup water
1 apple (diced)
Preheat oven to 325° F. You’ll need a medium-to-large size casserole dish to cook this recipe in.
- Cut up chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Place them in medium-sized saucepan with water that just covers the top of chicken. Bring water to a boil and bring to a simmer. Cover with top and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a separate small saucepan, cut potato into bite-size pieces and place in water. Let simmer for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Cook rice in saucepan or steamer. Set aside.
- Once chicken, potato and rice have finished cooking, add all ingredients (peas, carrots, pumpkin puree, apple, water, and dehydrated food) into a large bowl and stir, mixing well.
- Spoon into a casserole dish and place in oven without a lid for 20 minutes.
- Spoon into a casserole dish and place in oven without a lid for 25-30 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool to room temperature before serving.
Feel free to substitute your dog's favorite vegetables into this recipe, instead of the peas and carrots.