Valentine's Day Love Patties Recipe
Show your dog just how much they mean to you!These savory treats are unbelievably simple to prepare, and make a really special supper (or breakfast!) addition on Valentine’s day.
- fresh raw ground beef
- grated carrot
- grated parmesan cheese
- The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Beef Recipe
- warm water
free range eggs
Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a large baking sheet.
- Hydrate the dry food with the warm water in a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Add in the remaining ingredients to form a thick ”batter.”
- Carefully mold the batter into patties and flatten gently using two teaspoons or your hands.
- Place the patties on a greased baking sheet.
- (Optional) Place a large heart-shaped cookie cutter onto the baking sheet and spoon the mixture into it. Press gently to fill the heart completely and then slide off the cutter to form each patty into a perfect shape for Valentines!
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until slightly crispy on the outside.
- Cool thoroughly before serving
- serve whole for larger dogs or break (or slice) for smaller dogs.
- You can store these patties in the fridge for up to a week.
This recipe calls for The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Beef Recipe (Love)—but you can swap in any Honest Kitchen dog food! If you don't have a cookie cutter, it's also perfectly fine just to cut into bite-sized squares. Really tiny squares are excellent as training treats because they have a good aroma and can be consumed quickly without filling up your dog's tummy.