Uncompromising Quality Assurance
Human Grade for the highest quality & safety
As a company of proud pet lovers, and pet owners, we believe that dogs and cats deserve the highest quality foods that nourish the body. That’s why we invented the standard of Human Grade pet food back in 2002, which is really a standard for top notch Quality and safety.
Unlike feed grade pet food, which is a lower quality than human food, being human grade means a whole host of extra measures to ensure the quality and safety standards for all our complete and balanced foods. Since our foods, supplements, toppers are actually made in plants that conform to all human food standards, our quality assurance program is designed to attest to the necessary standards that would apply if a human were to be the end consumer.
Human Grade Pet Food
- Honest Kitchen is the world's first human grade food for pets
- Meets the same strict standards as food for people
- Made in a human food facility
- The same quality ingredients food in healthy people food
Feed Grade Pet Food
- More than 1,000 pet food brands are feed grade
- Meets the basic standards set for livestock feed
- Made in a pet food factory
- Ingredients my include by-products, intestines and "4D" meats (dying, dead, diseased or disabled)
A higher standard of quality assurance.
We have an extensive sampling program for our finished goods, and test at an independent third-party laboratory to make sure every batch is free and clear of pathogens, such as E. coli, salmonella, and listeria. The laboratory also checks numerous other food safety and quality indicators.
Our strict Test, Hold and Release Program means no finished goods are released into distribution until the test results come back.
We also conduct routine laboratory tests to ensure our foods meet the correct nutritional profiles, including vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
At the end of the day, human grade is a standard, not a slogan, and we’re incredibly proud to offer products that are meaningfully different from almost everything else in the industry.
Three Tiers of Safety
Ingredient Hazard Analysis/
- Part of HACCP™ system
- FDA and USDA requirement for human foods
- Ingredients arrive with a lot specific certificate of analysis (COA) and / or undergoes testing to verify chemistry, physical, and microbiological requirements
- Complete supply supporting documentation, renewed annually
Human edible status:
- Statement of country of origin
- COS parameters
- Support docs for Non-GMO claim
- Guarantee nothing from China
- Audited by a third-party food safety expert
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices
- Production facility conforms to 21 CFR 117 (the FDA regulations for human food)