Delicious Blueberry and Banana Dog Treat Recipe
This dog treat recipe features blueberries that are full of flavor and health benefits. Blueberries are a wonderful snack for dogs. Considered a “superfood” (for humans and dogs), these berries are packed with antioxidants, fiber and phytochemicals. Complete with Honest Kitchen's Instant Goat's Milk, this recipe is chalked full of flavor and nutrition. For this recipe, you can use frozen or fresh—both work just as well in the treats and offer the same nutritional perks. Add in a banana and apple sauce, and you've got a bounty of fruit jammed into a tasty cookie for your best friend!
Dog-Friendly Blueberry and Banana Treats: Recipe Overview
Other Fun, Healthy Desserts For Dogs
1/2 Cup Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 Ground Flaxseed
- 2 1/2 Cups Buckwheat Flour
- 2 Tablespoons the honest kitchen's Instant Goat Milk
- Water (As Needed)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, puree blueberries, banana and apple sauce.
- Pour applesauce, banana and blueberries into a large bowl.
- Stir in the buckwheat flour, ground flax seed and Goat's Milk. Knead into a stiff dough, add water if necessary.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters.
- Place treats on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool on racks.
Don't throw away those really ripe bananas. Put them in an air tight bag and store them in the freezer until you need them. When you're ready to make another batch of treats, take it out of the freezer and let it defrost. Mushy bananas are much easier to work with when baking, and help bind the buckwheat flour to the rest of the ingredients. The icing on the cookies is optional. I used Fido's Frosting Greek Yogurt Royal Icing for Pets.