We’re incredibly excited to announce that we’ve now officially succeeded in becoming a Certified B Corporation™ which means we’re one of only 5,000 B Corps worldwide that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. This prestigious certification means The Honest Kitchen has met rigorous standards on governance, environment and sustainability and has a framework to really continue using our business as a force for good.
Going forward, we’ll be working hard to ensure our B Corp values, goals and priorities remain an integral part of the way we make decisions and do business. Our Annual Impact Reports (next edition coming out soon) will continue to be a way to hold ourselves publicly accountable and track our progress overtime, and you can find our current impact report on The Honest Difference page of our website.
“We believe that it’s our responsibility to continue to raise the bar for ourselves and becoming a B Corp is the perfect next step to cement our ongoing commitment to lasting, positive impact,” said Lucy Postins, founder and Chief Integrity Officer at The Honest Kitchen.
A few quick stats about what it means to be a B Corp:
- Certified B Corporations, B Corps for short, are for-profit companies dedicated to using business as a force for good.
- B Corps meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability to all of their stakeholders.
- B Corps use the power of business to solve our most pressing global challenges.
- Unlike traditional corporations, B Corps are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on all stakeholders: customers, workers, communities, and the environment.
- Over 5,000 Certified B Corporations in over 70 countries, across 150 industries inspiring tens of thousands of other companies to follow their lead by measuring their impact, changing their corporate structure, and building better businesses.
We’ve been working long and hard to get this certification, and we’re thrilled to share the news with you—we hope it becomes one of the many reasons you feel proud to feed your pet The Honest Kitchen.