Power up with a homemade power bar!
Want to make a power bar that will power up your pooch? Add some of The Honest Kitchen’s Grain Free Chicken Recipe into the mix for a power bar that will give your dog the energy he needs to get through the extra-long walk or weekend hike. They’re easy to make and easy to pack, perfect for your next adventure.
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 cup the honest kitchen Grain Free Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray with a light coating of cooking spray or olive oil, so the bars don’t stick.
- Using a food processor, puree the bananas until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add almonds to the food processor and chop until finely grated.
- Microwave the peanut butter for 30 seconds until melted.
- In a large bowl, add the almonds, egg and rolled oats. Add in the mashed bananas, peanut butter, and Grain Free Chicken Recipe. Mix everything together until it becomes a uniform batter.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and use a spatula or spoon to flatten and spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars using a knife or pizza cutter. Keep stored in refrigerator or freezer.