Applesauce and Oatmeal Dog Treats
A cup of applesauce goes a long way!Applesauce is wonderful to use in baking recipes—for people and pets. It can be substituted for butter or fat, while adding fantastic flavor and texture. It especially comes in handy when baking gluten-free recipes, as it adds extra moisture, fiber, and nutrients. We used it in our Applesauce and Oatmeal Dog Treats, in addition to The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Beef Recipe, and our happy taste test dogs give it four paws up!
2 cups gluten-free flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup The Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Beef Recipe
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. The dough should be moist, but firm.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters. Place cookies on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on racks for an hour.
- Store in fridge or freezer in airtight container or Ziploc bag.
If you notice the dough is sticking to the pin, spray with oil.