Ernie's Turkey Pupcakes
Ernie is not your average dog who will eat anything.In fact, he's the pickiest dog you'll ever meet! He turns his nose up at almost everything, so when his birthday rolls around, a "normal" pupcake recipe just won't do. After last year's failed attempted (although all the other dogs enjoyed it), I knew I had to go back to the drawing board. Ultimately, I whipped up a batch of pupcakes that are sure to please even the pickiest of pups! Using Honest Kitchen's Grain Free Limited Ingredient Turkey Recipe and fresh ground turkey, this recipe was a hit with the office cowoofers, Ernie included!
12oz ground turkey, raw
⅓ cup coconut flour
1 ⅓ cup warm water
1 cup The Honest Kitchen's Limited Ingredient Turkey Recipe
¼ cup natural peanut butter
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
12 The Honest Kitchen's Pecks (turkey)
Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place paper liners in a 12-cup standard muffin pan. (skip this step if using a silicone pan)
- In a large bowl, hydrate the dry food with the warm water. Add coconut flour, eggs and ground turkey. Gently stir until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the mixture among the paper liners. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- While the muffins are in the oven, combine yogurt and peanut butter in a bowl and mix with a hand or kitchen mixer until combined. Keep in the refrigerator until muffins are cooled.
- When the muffins are cooled, frost the muffins and top each with a single cookie.
You can use any Honest Kitchen diet in this recipe but keep in mind that different diets hydrate to different thickness, so feel free to adjust the water amount as needed. The batter consistency should be thicker than cake mix, but softer than cookie dough.