Turmeric Chickpea Dog Treats
Beef and turmeric spice up this gluten-free homemade dog treat recipe.The savory tang of chickpea blended with the exotic taste of turmeric—these gluten-free dog treats are right out of a gourmet cookbook! Along with chickpea flour and cornmeal, these homemade cookies feature the irresistible flavor of beef. The Honest Kitchen’s Instant Beef Bone Broth is a balancing, aromatic fusion of comforting ingredients inspired by ayurvedic principles. A healthy treat that your dog will sit, stay, and beg for!
1 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup corn meal
1/2 cup hot water
1 tbsp The Honest Kitchen's Instant Beef Bone Broth
1 tbsp chia seeds
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Boil water. Pour hot water in small bowl and add bone broth. Stir until mostly dissolved.
- In a medium sized bowl, add chickpea flour, corn meal, and chia seeds. Stir together until combined.
- Slowly add the bone broth to dry mixture and stir until both are combined. Add egg to the mix. The dough should be moist.
- Roll a tablespoon amount of dough in your hands, until a ball is formed. Place ball on cookie sheet and flatten with spoon or fork. Repeat until dough is used up.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling racks. Let cool for an hour, then place in airtight Ziploc bag or container. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
These treats are chewy, so they’re great for dogs with dental problems.